We are a group of university students in our final year, making a quirky short film for our finishing project about two childhood friends who are trapped in their childlike ways. They make money through small time robberies, but while one wants to move up in the “criminal underworld”, the other wants to leave it all behind, creating friction in their relationship.
Who we are...
(In order of appearance)
Director - Indiana Tarrant is a talented young writer who's flexing his mustache with this ambitious directorial debut. His wholesome wit and loveable characters make his friends and peers read through his scripts with ease, leaving everybody fervently waiting for this next endeavour to come to fruition.
Producer - Joel Pickard is a Producer and 1st Assistant director with a keen eye for film and a heart of gold. With his new production company Spicy Knife in full swing, everyone and their grandma is eager to see a project that he's associated with.
Editor - Charles Gamble. This humble mastermind pieces together the puzzles of the cutting room floor like no other. He's sharp, efficient and above all great at what he does - in fact he's great at everything he does.
Director of Photography - Charlie Knight is an experienced camera marksman. At such a young age, he has worked as a DOP on a variety of big-budget productions as well as more understated pieces such as short films and music videos with his peers at the University of Brighton. We could go on, but his work speaks for itself...
Sound - Tom Etheridge new to the sound business is keen to make his mark with a busy year of sound recording, mixing and more. His disciplined approach and drive to produce top quality content make him a valuable workhorse within the team.
Currently in our final year at the University of Brighton studying Digital Film, we have never shied away from ambitious projects in the past. We believe that pushing the boundaries of what you're capable of is the only way to improve. Above all we pride ourselves on our devotion to tell original stories as well as we can, and to do this we need your support!
Where will the money go?
- If we hit our minimum target - we'll be able to gain access to camera equipment that will bring the look of our film up to a professional standard.
- If we hit our maximum target we will be able to tell our story as it was intended, with intricate sets, props and costumes, as well as food and travel expenses for our actors.
- If we superseed our target we will be able to enter our film into a variety of different festivals and hopefully be nominated for, or even win an award! (fingers crossed!).
- If we're able to hit our targets, the budget will look something like this:
- Camera/Lighting expenses - £250
- Set design/props - £50
- Actors travel + food - £100
- Festival applications - N/A (anywhere between £50 to £200)
Find us here
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said that money isn’t all we need, but we’d love it if you could donate. Please support us and help make this project happen.