Hi there, the Game Jam Society is back again on Springboard for another crowdfunding event but this time, it's for a project that will last the entire academic year compared to our last successful event GAY(M) JAM. Having a game published to your name vastly improves the chances of getting into the very competitive gaming industry and we want to help as many students as possible to be involved on this project. This is a big jump up from doing a short term Game Jam that lasts a couple of days. We plan to develop this game over the next 9 months and intend to publish it on the Steam store by late August 2020. A further goal is to publish the game on mobile app stores.
Who we are and our story
Hi I'm Marc Walker, Co-Founder of the Game Jam Society and I'm assisting the current committee of the Game Jam Society with the setup of this student run project where we aim to help students build up a strong Portfolio like having a published game to their name before they graduate. As many entry roles within the gaming industry require applicants to have prior experience with a published game on their CV to have a chance getting the job, without already being in the industry this would be hard to achieve as a individual student / fresh graduate. We want our University of Brighton students to have the best chance getting into this exciting industry after they graduate and this is the best way to help them reach their goals.
*** NOTE: This is a long-term game development project, this is not about PLAYING games (Unless it's testing or debugging our own game features to make the best possible product); these students are learning HOW TO MAKE games together and having fun while doing it under a deadline ***
Where will the money go?
- To purchase high-quality visual assets.
- To hire a professional sound designer.
- Pay Greenlight fee so game can be put on Steam store.
- To create a developer account on Apple App store.
- To create a developer account on Google Play store.
- Acquiring professional software licenses.
- If we overfund on our project, funds will be carried over for the next academic years game project.
We have some very tempting rewards for you to be involved with our project. Take a look on the right hand side!
Images and video
Game in it's current state by Lecturer Almas Baimagambetov
Games Developed by students at GAY(M) JAM 2019
Find us here
I'll be personally providing updates for the Game Jam Society during both crowdfunding and development.
Help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said that money isn’t all we need, but we’d love it if you could donate. Please support us and help make this project happen.