We're raising money to help cover the costs of some of our costumes in our upcoming Bollywood dance competition on the 7th December 2019! We have made it to the final and are competing against other Universities such as Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham and many more!
Each dancer (20 members) have contributed £30 towards their costumes but we are looking to raise £300 needed to fund for costumes for our main characters and additional accessories (like material) and props for the performance.
Who we are
We are an official society which hold weekly dances class that vary in styles such as Bollywood, Bhangra, Kutthu, Bharatanatyam and HipHop. We have entered competitions such as Battle of Bollywood and Just Bollywood and hope to continue to grow.
BDance aims to integrate like-minded students together to dance and compete in multiple different dance styles. Home to dance styles such as; Bollywood, Bhangra, Bharatanatyam, Kuthu and Hip Hop; BDance is a high energy society which is great fun to learn and an amazing opportunity to bond with people.
We are a welcoming society who encourage everyone (even if you don’t dance) to give these differing styles a go and join a tight-knit group during rehearsals and even compete in inter-university competitions and watch other dance competitions!
BDance hosts social activities such as; dance workshops, dance competitions, potential guest performances at external events, trips to watch dance performances e.g. “The Bhangra Showdown”, and celebratory meals and nights out. We aim to spread the socials out to coincide with festivals such as Diwali, Christmas, New Year etc.
We meet weekly in the Grand Parade “Performance Studio” on Wednesdays from 6:30pm - 8:30pm and everyone is welcome to come along! As performances and or competitions approach, we train more often than the weekly practise.
Feel free to message us if you have any questions, and do not hesitate to turn up on the day and join in for an evening of fun! (Do check out the event calendar for when we meet!)
Where will the money go?
Aid in providing costumes for the competition to all dancers
Aid in providing props to help enhance our performance
Aid in buying additional accessories needed for the competition e.g. material, equipment
We are offering some very exciting rewards for donating and being part of our project:
- £10 - A personal shout out on our social media
- £25 - A personal shout out on our social media plus a taster session in a style of your choice!
- £40 - For donations of £40 or more, the troupe will do a free performance at an event of your choice!
Find us here
Follow us to find out how we're doing!
Help us succeed!
- You don’t just need to give money to help us succeed!
- You don't need to give money to help us succeed! Please share this project with anyone you think would support us – on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, by email, telephone, in a chat over the fence or on your blog.
- In fact, share it with everyone you know as we think it's a great idea, and the more people who know about it, the more likely we are to make this work out brilliantly.
- And we know we said that money isn’t all we need, but we’d love it if you could donate. Please support us and help make this project happen.