Springboard is the University of Brighton's own crowdfunding platform, where our university community can – confidently and securely – locate and support creative and innovative projects and promote their own projects to a wider audience.
Projects are created by our students, staff and alumni. We will review all projects for suitability, assessing them on the quality of the presentation of the projects, the stated goals and the level of organisation and commitment demonstrated by the teams behind them. In addition, all projects must demonstrate that they align with the university's four core values of inclusivity, sustainability, creativity and partnership.
If you choose to pledge support to a project, you will automatically receive updates about it. You can also interact directly with the team behind the project by leaving a comment on the project or sending them a message.
What is Crowdfunding?
Springboard is a crowdfunding platform. Crowdfunding is giving by a crowd of many donors, each making an individual donation in return for a modest reward, like a t-shirt or a project poster. This platform can showcase projects to a potentially huge audience and gives supporters an easy way to donate.
Why use the Springboard platform?
This platform has been funded by the University of Brighton as an investment in our student, staff and alumni community. When you use our platform, rather than another website, there are lots of advantages:
• Access to the latest crowdfunding technology, with functionality informed by 1000s of successful projects at other universities, both in terms of the project creators and the supporter experience
• Best practice advice and guidance from the university’s fundraising team
• If a project meets our criteria, creators will benefit from additional funds thanks to Gift Aid
• Currently, the university will cover all processing fees, so 100% of the funds given will be directed to the projects
• In addition, for the most successful projects, there will be opportunities for matched funding from the university
• Projects featured on this platform will be promoted via the university’s online network of alumni and friends and therefore project reach will be far greater
• All supporters will have the reassurance that your project is backed by the University of Brighton
• Giving trends indicate that supporters find donating online to be convenient, easy and quick and updating your supporters online is equally convenient, easy and quick
• Whether you need to raise £500 or £5,000, the platform can help
How Do I Create a Project?
Simply login and enter a few key details: a project leader (or Creator), a description of what you want to do, a funding target and completion date, and some rewards for pledges. Images and videos can also bring your project to life! We offer advice, tips, and feedback all along the way. To get more information from the Springboard Team, please email: email@example.com
Every project must achieve its minimum needed by its completion date or no funds change hands. Why? Part of the appeal of crowdfunding is that supporters get to engage with projects and see where their money is going. This keeps everyone happy!